Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a new betta fish and he won't eat pellets

He only eats bloodworms , is it bad for him ?

Feeding the fish just bloodworms isn't recommended, the are high in protein and can cause constipation in your fish.

A varied diet is key with any pets, fish are no different.

A high quality pellet food (or flake) with occasional bloodworms is better.

Try things like brine shrimps too, that'll help bring some variations.

Also maybe feed a de-shelled pea once a week as a healthy treat :D

Feeding the fish just bloodworms isn't recommended, the are high in protein and can cause constipation in your fish.

A varied diet is key with any pets, fish are no different.

A high quality pellet food (or flake) with occasional bloodworms is better.

Try things like brine shrimps too, that'll help bring some variations.

Also maybe feed a de-shelled pea once a week as a healthy treat :D

Okay but he won't eat pellets he just puffs up at them and them swims away but if I put a blood worm in there he gets it right away

And I've tried to feed him peas but he doesn't eat them :( he is really picky

My betta prefers betta flakes i also feed brine live and frozen and daphnia. He likes bloodworm too but doesn't get it often :)

My old betta preferred flakes to pellets, but I changed to NLS pellets and he loved those ^_^

He isn't too fussy on brine shrimp though.

Never seen the NLS pellets, i wonder if i could get them on ebay. I'll have a look, i like varying his diet cheers :)

Can you put garlic on the food I haven't done it myself or actually know what your meant to do but isn't that meant to make a fish want to eat the food :)

I have brine shrimp with garlic the fish love it. You can add garlic yourself my lfs sells it in bottles or just buy garlic from the grocery store i just crushed it and put the food in it.

Ok that explains it, it's likely he will be used to the food at the LFS.

If you could find out what food they have and slowly introduce your food with their food, adding less f their food until its just yours?

Okay but I saved him from Walmart and I don't even think they feed him :(

Okay but I saved him from Walmart and I don't even think they feed him :(

If he was kept in one of those cups then they probably didn't feed him :/

Just add a very small amount every time you feel like feeding, if he doesn't eat it then remove what you can with a net.

Hopefully he will eventually try the food :)

If he was kept in one of those cups then they probably didn't feed him :/

Just add a very small amount every time you feel like feeding, if he doesn't eat it then remove what you can with a net.

Hopefully he will eventually try the food :)

Okay thank you :) and I feed my bettas 2 pellets when I wake up and 1-2 pellets before I go to sleep , we'll except sushi cause he doesn't eat the pellets so I give him bloodworms :( and he is Also very shy , my other betta fish is very interactive with me tho , whenever he sees me he rushes to the front of the tank and starts doing a little dance it's so funny and cute , but sushi just has to get used to everything and he was in a very dirty cup

Okay thank you :) and I feed my bettas 2 pellets when I wake up and 1-2 pellets before I go to sleep , we'll except sushi cause he doesn't eat the pellets so I give him bloodworms :( and he is Also very shy , my other betta fish is very interactive with me tho , whenever he sees me he rushes to the front of the tank and starts doing a little dance it's so funny and cute , but sushi just has to get used to everything and he was in a very dirty cup

New fish are usually shy so don't worry there :)

What food are you using?

Back
Top Bottom