Help!!!!! Please and thank you!!! 38g freshwater with Black Moors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerseyGirl1385

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone!
I have 2 questions for you!

1. I recently received a 38 gallon tank and stand from my fiancé. It was bought from someone off of Craigslist. Being the newbie I am to having a tank, I didn't realize until after I was home that the center plastic brace was broken off.
I was wondering if that is ok? When i called my go-to girl at Petco, she said in a 38g tank it isn't used for "support" it's more for the ability to split the tank, which I don't want or need to do.

Which brings me to my 2nd question.
2. The tank did not come with a hood. It came with everything but a hood. I went to Home Depot and bought a $20 piece of the thickest plexiglass I could find and had it cut to size. I got 2 pieces exactly for my tank and some extra.
Now, I cut 3 additional pieces to go width wise to keep the cover from touching the water! NO LUCK! The plexiglass is bowing. I'm afraid the light is going to fall in the tank! Help!

Idk if I can purchase a hood for this tank bc I have a bigger filter than what it came with ( i have a Tetra Advanced Filtration System 30-60 and it needs a 12 inch space. Plus I have a little cutout for the tube for my bubbler).

Im so sorry for the long, drawn out post- I just don't want to hurt my fish or myself. Or electrocute any of us. Thanks for any help/advice/tips in advance!

Attachments

• image-732611619.jpg
    image-732611619.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 65
I bought glass covers for my tank. The come with a strip that lets you cut to size for your filter.

Where can I buy these glass covers? Will it fit even tho I'm missing that center brace?

I'm not sure on that:/ I got mine at my lfs. I try to support them even though I could've gotten them cheaper else where. The pet place online has them. You could look at the sizes they come in. Is there no way to get a new bracket?? I'm not sure if that's possible. Maybe you could find a used tank and steal it;)

Back
Top Bottom