Help please! Unexplained fish deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luna112

Aquarium Advice Freak
My fish are dropping like flies! I don't know why, my water parameters are nitrate 5ppm ammonia 0 ph 7.0 nitrite 0 temp 80 F
I've lost 6 fish in 4 days

Sent from my iPhone

Hi, you really have to get the ammonia below .25 by doing aggressive 50% or more water changes with dechlorinated water. That's something tthat needs to be done sooner than later.

Do you see any irregularities with your fish's appearance? If water parameters are fine, then an illness is most likely the next culprit.

Hummmm. Could somebody help? This one is beyond me.

I apologize for my lack of reading comprehension.

Luna112 said:
That's what I'm saying. All my water parameters are as close to perfect as they will ever be.

Sent from my iPhone

Sounds like your using a liquid test kit, which is good and yes your water is perfect. Keep an eye on your fish and see if you can spot something on/about them that looks odd.

What size tank (how long has it been running), fish stock, filter, feeding habits, etc? The more info, the better we can help.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

My fish all look fine. No ich, no cotton look. They are all eating, no fighting. I took out my red tail shark thinking it was him but today I lost my hill stream loach and a penguin tetra.

Sent from my iPhone

Have by chance have you been using any medications in the tank? Added any extra decorations or anything lately?

Is there anyway a chemical could have inadvertently gotten in there?

First off, thanks for everyone for trying to help me :)
My tank is a 30 gallon. Has two AC50's on it. Sand bottom. Running for about 4 months now. I have tetras, Cory cats, plecos, loaches, flounder(1inch) bgk(yes I know he is too big for my tank, I will donate him when the time comes for it)

Sent from my iPhone

Deckape said:
Have by chance have you been using any medications in the tank? Added any extra decorations or anything lately?

I used quick cure, a month ago. And lost my clown loaches. And no, no new deco. The tank is in my room and I don't know if the air freshener I have (frebreeze) might have gotten into it?

Sent from my iPhone

Luna112 said:
First off, thanks for everyone for trying to help me :)
My tank is a 30 gallon. Has two AC50's on it. Sand bottom. Running for about 4 months now. I have tetras, Cory cats, plecos, loaches, flounder(1inch) bgk(yes I know he is too big for my tank, I will donate him when the time comes for it)

Sent from my iPhone

How is it doing?

I know this is kind of a dumb question but just to cover all the bases: are you using a declorinator like prime or start right?
Also, what kind of filtration/ aeration are you using?
Do the fish seem lethargic?

Dangerismymiddlename said:
I know this is kind of a dumb question but just to cover all the bases: are you using a declorinator like prime or start right?
Also, what kind of filtration/ aeration are you using?
Do the fish seem lethargic?

Lots use and recommend Prime (I do anyways). As for your tank set up, it sounds great IMHO. Have you tested your water with a liquid kit yet?

Back
Top Bottom