Help quick. Oranda fins turning red.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

germanyt

Aquarium Advice Freak
And it's spending a lot of time at the bottom of the tank. Almost like he's sleeping. Something is def wrong.

img_2596805_0_14c47deb7bcf9b8d3752334b5165826a.jpg

img_2596805_1_9168ecba38699c9231ea9a8e0b3d5ebf.jpg

Just checked parameter. Everything is good but pH. It's around 8.0. BR tap water is 8.2 so a water change won't help. I'm thinking of running some co2 into the tank to drop it. I don't know what else to do.

img_2596843_0_df9d4b87241e5bd50efdc874ad992d3d.jpg

Poor guy. How big is the tank? All I can recommend are water changes. You could make a gel food with kanamycin (kanaplex), or soak his food in a small amount of water with the medicine. Not saying this is the correct course of action, but I have been told in the past to use this medicine for red streaks in the fins of goldfish.

Got up to pee and decided to check on my fish. It seems things are getting worse and now it's spread to my black moor. Also, the fin rot/deterioration seems to be much worse now.

img_2597237_0_1d7a7b1ed7ba58cde05703bb20d44be7.jpg

img_2597237_1_b1af676148916c95c393bdc21610c570.jpg

BTW that's the oranda in the back of the 2nd pic. He's not swimming, just kinda sitting in the plant not looking so hot.

Got up to pee and decided to check on my fish. It seems things are getting worse and now it's spread to my black moor. Also, the fin rot/deterioration seems to be much worse now.

BTW that's the oranda in the back of the 2nd pic. He's not swimming, just kinda sitting in the plant not looking so hot.

What size tank?

Might be Hemorrhagic septicemia. Google it and confirm for yourselves!

I agree with Hubert90. Looks like septicemia to me. Very serious. I'd use Kanaplex immediately. In addition to treating the water, I'd suggest adding it to their food. Tetra brine shrimp gel food works well for this. Good luck!

What size tank?

Might be Hemorrhagic septicemia. Google it and confirm for yourselves!

That's what I was leaning toward.

I agree with Hubert90. Looks like septicemia to me. Very serious. I'd use Kanaplex immediately. In addition to treating the water, I'd suggest adding it to their food. Tetra brine shrimp gel food works well for this. Good luck!

Just picked up some Maracyn Two. About to start 5 days of treatment.

Back
Top Bottom