Help... sideeffects while medicating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thutton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello

I had a bad case of pop-eye in my clowns and fin-rot and body fungus on my silver dollars...It looked like chlorine poisoning.. My Clowns hide for 4 days straight.

I started treating with Malafix first ZERO effect so i did some water changes and started with Maracyn...EXCELLENT RESULTS Clowns are back out and fungus is almost gone and I am only on the 2nd day of treatment out of the five...they arent completly healed but you can see a LARGE improvment..

well after that blabbing my concern is on the i noticed today my water is cloudy...the Maracyn says that it does NOT effect the biological filter...is tehre somthing I should be concerned with..

My Test results show the norm 0 nitrites...any suggestions..perhaps a similar experience. Thanks

The meds will REALLY cloud your water - by the end of the treatment it will look like a giant cloud. Even tho the package says it does not affect your bio-filter it may kill it - that happened to me when I used Maracyn and Maracyn II (together). I don't know which of the two meds it was so I would check for ammonia and nitrites at least once a day using a liquid reagent kit (not strips).

Back
Top Bottom