Help Starting the 25 again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I originally had this tank set up as my first one then i quickly switched to a 29 gallon bio wheel kit...well as i quickly "finished" (well as finished as tank gets) it is now time to move on and set up another as i have multiple tank syndrome....i will be fishless cycling this tank and seeding it with media from my 29 gallon tank ....really im posting this thread as if there is any ideas out there as to what i should do with it ????

Go to your lfs and look at what u like then come home and research it. This really helps when stocking a tank. You can also look on live aquaria and such for even more ideas.

lol i like neons and shrimp and plants that what im looking at right now or a ciclid tank but idk where to find dwarf ciclids (besides of line

Neons would work u could add a school of cories have u thought about amore colourful shrimp such as yellow blue or red cherry

i want a large school of neons like 16-20 i dont think that leaves room for a school of corys and i want shrimp but i can find anything but ghost shrimp around here

I have 12 neons in my 10 gallon u could have 20 neons 6 cories and shrimp in a 25 with good filtration is it planted.

Im thinking of doing a natural planted tank method and my problem is idk how great the filtration is its just a walmart whisper
10-30i filter

probably will be upgrading it but as for now its kinda out of the question i just spent bout 300 on my new marineland kit so this old tank is really just old redundant parts i had

So start with 10 neons and the shrimp when u get a better filter add another ten neons and the cories. Does it sound like a plan.

yup lol ....is the bio wheels a good filter let me ask you what you think my other tank can handle besides what its already got cause i dont wanna be done stocking it but i must be pretty close ... i have 11 endlers 6 neons and 8 corys (2 three lined (had 6 but 4 got killed by paradise fish that got sold) and 6 peppered) so what else you think it can handle

What size of tank is it. I myself am not a huge fan of biowheel filters I suggest u get an aqua clear or small canister

Ur nitrates need to be under 20 at al times IMO. Adding love plants or upping ur water changes will help. U could add more neons and maybe a couple balloon mollies or platies not more than 4. After that ur stocked up the school of neons to ten.

well its really hard to keep it under 2o if my water supply carries 20 ppm anyway ...and im not really wanting any more live bearers i would really like more neons in the 29 tho

Back
Top Bottom