help stock-angels, serpae tetra or tiger barb & more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquakev

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to be moving around my stock. all discus will go into my larger tank with the cardinals and angels in the 45g tall pentagonal tank. The tank is planted with white sand, driftwood branches placed facing up like fingers and small anubas nana covering the botom of the wood pile and a large nana in the center.

This tank will house 3-4 angels 3-4in head to base tail.5-6 cories.
I have put 4 serpae tetras in there, but Im thinking tiger barbs to get more action in the tank.

opinions?

tiger barbs or serpae tetras
any other inhabitants you would recomend?
I am also looking for a bottom dweller that will stir up the sand and detrious that accumulates between the plands. the cories do not stir up the bottow enough.

Well I would stay away from tiger bards as the angels will most likely lose there nice fins to there nipping. Tigers are too nippy so just stay away from them. Damnios are frisky little buggers that from my experience rarely nip but do annoy the more secluded fish. could go with some neons or pretty much any other tetra really.

I've found that rummy nose tetras are a terrific dither fish to keep with discus. They are just active enough to offer the discus a sense of security without bothering them. As for bottom dwellers to stir the gravel, kuhli loaches are my first choice. They won't disturb the plants and do a good job of eating leftovers.

if you want barbs, you could get some neon roseys or black rubys. They aren't as agressive. I mix them all together. Putting a tiger in with an angel is trouble.

Back
Top Bottom