Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2016, 12:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Help there's bugs in my aquarium!

Okay so I noticed little bugs swimming and landing on the glass of my 2 gallon tank (I have two baby crayfish in there) and the bugs kinda look like cyclops... How do I get rid of them? There's soooooo many! Also I have detritus worms in there (but all my aquariums have that) and I noticed a new worm, it swims around very slowly and chill but then lands on the glass and moves around... Flat worm?? Why does this tank have all these problems? I have a moss ball in there, could that have brought all these critters in? Also is it safe for me to put my hands in there?

Old 04-03-2016, 12:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ps the tank is pretty clean, got a sponge filter in there and I do water changes weekly and the crayfish seem pretty healthy.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Pps. What's a fish I could buy to put in that tank to eat them? I was reading that small fish like to eat them, it would have to be a fish that is okay in 75F and only in a 2 gal tank. One day I'd end up putting it in my 15 gal though because this small tank was just a place to put the crayfish.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:28 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

I have a variety of creatures like the ones you've described in my shrimp tank. Not so much in my planted tank (with fish). Plants, including miss balls, often harbor hitch hikers. These in general are not harmful to your tank and often a sign that things are doing well. Except when their population explodes (typically from over feeding).
Not sure what to recommend in a 2g tank. If it will be short term, then perhaps a guppy?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 04-03-2016, 01:32 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
I have a variety of creatures like the ones you've described in my shrimp tank. Not so much in my planted tank (with fish). Plants, including miss balls, often harbor hitch hikers. These in general are not harmful to your tank and often a sign that things are doing well. Except when their population explodes (typically from over feeding).
Not sure what to recommend in a 2g tank. If it will be short term, then perhaps a guppy?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the reply! From experience with crayfish I found that they like to gather food and hide it so there's probably a stash somewhere that I'll have to find. I can't figure out what one of the worms are, couldn't find it anywhere on google. It looks like a flat worm but it's mainly swimming and when it does land on the glass it doesn't move like a flat worm, flat worms move like slugs this one moves like an inch worm...

Tags
aquarium, bug

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com