Help, well advice would be great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so in my 45 gallon tank i have 3 fish, so its not really over stocked, i have live plants and 2.x30 watt Nutri grow plant lamp on for 10 hours, anyway my water is soooo cloudy i dont now why? its really strange is been running for about a months (not including cycling) and has always been slightly cloudy, but in the past week its go so bad i cant even see to the other side!! i have a Jewel internal filter ( that i hate) and a fluval 405 external filter, ive been doing water changes and nothing ive added carbon so now all the Tetraplant stuff i put in there has gone to waste, and yet its still cloudy, i washed the gravel b 4 i put it in there, so what am i doing wrong???

My other tank is fine!
i have added a pic, because im bored :)
Ph 7.6
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
nitrate 20

temp 84f cant lower it grrrr

Any suggestion would be great! thanks :)

The nitrates are a little high, to only have 3 fish. How many times a day do you feed them? How much water do you change at a time?

Usually cloudy water (white-colored cloud) is a bacterial bloom, but they are normally in new tanks. They usually go away on their own though.

How often do you add the plant fertilizer?

Is it a green or white cloudiness? From the pic it looks green but could just be a reflection. Put some in a glass and hold it to a piece of paper and tell us what color it is.

Green is algae and means you have to many nutrients for your plant mass. A low light tank usually doesn't need much in the way of ferts. Maybe you're adding to much TetraPlant.

White is bacterial but your parameters look to good to be that.

I cant really tell in the glass, but i think its white, as for fertilizer i added as much as i should, a cording to the bottle and the reason for the nitrates is because my tap water has 20 and i change 15% x2 a week!

I feed them once a day, if that ( im underfeeding if anything )

yeah its because of were i live, lots of farming and my water is from a chalk filtered spring so fresh lol but with nitrates, even though that many is not really gd for u, i think lol

I feed them once a day, if that ( im underfeeding if anything )

it gets natural light but not direct sunlight and not as much as my other tank and yets thats clear.?

well mine didn't have direct either, but I got algae bloom. I don't know why the other didn't get it. It took a fish death for mine to flare up.

I would suggest a black out to see if it clears it up. It only took three days for mine to clear up.

but let's check with the others.
good plan, btw thanks for the help, O my this is turning into a plant topic, hmm il add a question to keep it general lol, errm i got a new external filter, therefore i have 2 running, how long do i need to wait until i can turn of the internal one off? there much better lol,

Back
Top Bottom