Help!! What could've happened to my betta tail?!??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sai Sauce

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408906289.143819.jpg I just got him yesterday and he was beautifully fine till I woke up! Could have the filter sucked it up? Or could've it been the ghost shrimps? The ghost shrimps been eating each other a lot lately. So what could it be?

Using My iPad and I Love Fishes! <~8~>

How big is your tank ?
En waht fish do you got in the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am feeding everyone but somehow they just keep eating each other so I guess I need to feed more than I do. And I just got the betta yesterday it can't be fin rot, will it happen that fast? My tank is a ten gallon with couple of ghost shrimp but I was mad so fed three or four of them to my puffer. It's his food anyways lol. But what's the best medic to cure it?

Fin rot couldn't rot an entire tail overnight. Ghost shrimp will pick at a betas tail. Remove the ghost shrimp and keep the water very clean so no secondary infections develop.

Thank you! I will get rid of them.

just on a side note...sometimes bettas will eat their own tails when nervous....like a baby sucking hit's thumb

Really? I didn't know that! How do they even eat their own tail lol

My ballon Molly is a maniac

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Guys what's your advice on helping him grow his tail back?

plenty of fresh water and I use Indian Almond leaves and yes I have had bettas nip their own fins when stressed also.

Back
Top Bottom