Help with boyfriend's tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could do:

-5 dwarf neon/praecox rainbowfish (3 males, 2 females. Males have red fins, females yellow fins)

-2 sparkling gouramis

-6 peppered corydoras

-10 amano shrimp

Hope I helped :D

Definitely did. The sparkling gouramis seem to be a popular suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well it turns out he's an idiot and it's a 20 gallon tank. But thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be looking more into them and giving him the list to figure out what he wants.

I'm trying to push for a male betta and stocking around it. Or convincing him to get a bigger tank. I have a 45 gallon that's just empty and sitting in my room that I'm debating offering him. It sounds like the nice thing to do but then my greed sets in and I start thinking "well what if we break up and I want the tank"

Do some glotetras with a blue crawfish for the bottom. He'll fall in love with the crawfish though.

Don't give him the 45 unless unless you've been dating him for a year or more. Just my opinion.

Do some glotetras with a blue crawfish for the bottom. He'll fall in love with the crawfish though.

Don't give him the 45 unless unless you've been dating him for a year or more. Just my opinion.

I'm not the jealous type, he can fall in love with the crawfish. Though it is a 20 gallon tall so there wouldn't be much room for the little guy unfortunately. But yeah I quickly decided against giving him my empty 45 haha.

Good call on keeping the 45 gallon. I would definitely keep it for myself, just in case! I agree on the Sparkling Gouramis. A male and female (if you're sure that's what you've got) would look really nice against blue or black substrate. Or even a single Sparkler by itself would be happy. They aren't schooling fish. Maybe 5 or more of one of the pygmy cories too. They don't get much bigger than one inch, and are a real joy to watch. Very entertaining.

Good call on keeping the 45 gallon. I would definitely keep it for myself, just in case! I agree on the Sparkling Gouramis. A male and female (if you're sure that's what you've got) would look really nice against blue or black substrate. Or even a single Sparkler by itself would be happy. They aren't schooling fish. Maybe 5 or more of one of the pygmy cories too. They don't get much bigger than one inch, and are a real joy to watch. Very entertaining.

We are actually in a fight and haven't spoken since yesterday...so I'm very happy I did not offer my 45. After seeing these options though I'm thinking about setting my 45 up for some small schooling fish and the works.

I'd do a group of Cory Cats
A nice group of Glowlight Tetras ( more hardy than Neons)
A Dwarf Gourami at the top

Instead of Glowlights you could do :
Harlequin Rasboras
Cherry Barbs
Bleeding Heart Tetras

A male Guppy or two could be added as well.

Plenty of plants. Dark background. Sand bottom.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423113119.258988.jpg
A couple of my Cherry Barbs with a Harlequin Rasbora. Just make sure with the cherry Barbs that you have females as well as males or the males will never get as brilliantly red as they should.

CPDs are awesome but tiny. You can keep them in a 20g, but I would keep them in a group of 15 to 20 fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom