Help with brine shrimp and worms!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's how I hatch brine shrimp. I took a 2 liter soda bottle, rinsed it out well and poked a hole through the cap. Be careful doing this, the knife I was using slipped closed (pocket knife) and I cut my finger really badly! I followed the directions on the box of shrimp eggs to create the right mix of eggs, water, and marine salt, then I fed some airline tubing into the hole in the cap and put an airstone on the end of the tube. I slid the airstone down to the bottom of the bottle and plugged my air pump in. Two or three days later, they hatched, and I poured some of them through a brine shrimp net, rinsed them and fed them to my fish. I added some spiraling flakes in for the rest of them and let them grow for a while, then I fed the adult brine shrimp a few days later. Then unhook, rinse, and repeat once all the shrimp are gone. You can also buy a brine shrimp hatchery to make the process a little easier.

Back
Top Bottom