Help with canister filter positioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also I can't get the lid of the filter I've turned the valves shut and switched it off the suctions pretty good I need to get the carbon pad out.

Also I can't get the lid of the filter I've turned the valves shut and switched it off the suctions pretty good I need to get the carbon pad out.

I can't help with that part, I've only had my 406. As far as the flow goes, if there isn't a flow adjustment on the filter you should be able to purchase a different spraybar or DIY one yourself, it's pretty easy, that's what I did

You can use the open/closed valves to control the flow and it can be used without the spraybar.. Also you can 'customize' the canister and add/remove the media inside for even better filtration... You bought a great filter, eheim make great products..

You can use the open/closed valves to control the flow and it can be used without the spraybar.. Also you can 'customize' the canister and add/remove the media inside for even better filtration... You bought a great filter, eheim make great products..

Oh I never thought of that that makes sense I can just shut it a little duh! thanks :) yes I'm happy with it and that the classics have been a good filter and around for a long time I have been reading, I think I made a good choice :)

Oh I never thought of that that makes sense I can just shut it a little duh! thanks :) yes I'm happy with it and that the classics have been a good filter and around for a long time I have been reading, I think I made a good choice :)
You certainly did make a good choice. I have heard of people having eheim filters for 20+ years, so they are built to last!!. Yeah just shut it until your happy with the flow, although the current is usually a bit less without the spraybar. Remember to leave the inlet(going from tank to filter) valve completely open..
In the future, if you want to customize the filter media, give me a PM and i'll help you out with that... Best of luck with it... Ian

You certainly did make a good choice. I have heard of people having eheim filters for 20+ years, so they are built to last!!. Yeah just shut it until your happy with the flow, although the current is usually a bit less without the spraybar. Remember to leave the inlet(going from tank to filter) valve completely open..
In the future, if you want to customize the filter media, give me a PM and i'll help you out with that... Best of luck with it... Ian

That's so good to hear and they were a lot cheaper than all the other canisters I looked at which where about $150 more than this one. I was glad to find a good one I could afford. Yep I closed the output valve a bit and it worked perfectly thank you so much for that tip! Can't believe I didn't think of that.

That's so good to hear and they were a lot cheaper than all the other canisters I looked at which where about $150 more than this one. I was glad to find a good one I could afford. Yep I closed the output valve a bit and it worked perfectly thank you so much for that tip! Can't believe I didn't think of that.
That's surprising to hear, the eheim's are more expensive up here!!!..

Really wow weird I have no idea why that is.
I assume it's because they are such a good brand/filter. Quite hard to get in lfs's over here(mostly just fluval's, tetratec's), so i would have to buy on-line +shipping costs. Very hard to get decent equipment in Ireland, i have to use Ebay, Amazon from the UK...
So jealous of the Americans, their choice of stores and equipment is excellent...
PS.. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Fluvals or Tetratec(i have one), just it would be nice to have a bigger selection!!!!!

I assume it's because they are such a good brand/filter. Quite hard to get in lfs's over here(mostly just fluval's, tetratec's), so i would have to buy on-line +shipping costs. Very hard to get decent equipment in Ireland, i have to use Ebay, Amazon from the UK...
So jealous of the Americans, their choice of stores and equipment is excellent...
PS.. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Fluvals or Tetratec(i have one), just it would be nice to have a bigger selection!!!!!

I'm Australian haha

I know, but i'm still jealous of them!!!... Is there a good selection of aquatic shops in Australia???

Yeah it's not to bad here we don't have all the same brands though or meds. Not as big of a selection though. There's probs only 3 good fish shops I go to here

Back
Top Bottom