Help with I.D. of small "catfish" looking fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakesMcCoolWhip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Going to be inheriting this tomorrow and want to read up on it's care asap. Would be great if anyone can I.D. it. All I know as a description was this pic and "little and catfish looking":fish2: Which I think means it's either has feelers and/or a sucker/oval shaped mouth. I tried to enhance the photo a bit but it's a phone camera.

EDIT:I'm pretty sure this guy's been alone for the longest time. Since this species shoals, should I get some other cory's to encourage shoaling or should I just leave this guy alone? If he's been alone for this long, might've adjusted well to being alone? anyway, I'm planning on stocking the 30 gallon this guy comes in with my marble angel and 6 or so lemon tetras (future purchase).

Thanks everyone,

Pancakes

Looks like a cory catfish to me. Not sure which one ... I don't have any so I'm sure someone will come along with better info. I do believe they are shoaling fish so they should be at least 3-4 .. maybe one or two more otherwise a single one may become stressed. A nice looking cory sure it'll look great in your tank!

it looks like an emerald cory,not actually cories,but look like them. they can reach 4 inches long and are shoaling

Back
Top Bottom