Help with ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tosviolation

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought these at the LFS and they told me they were Bronze Cory's, but im kind of afraid they are actually Emerald Catfish. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMAG0045 (1).jpg
    IMAG0045 (1).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 89
They look, to me, to be emerald cats.
Had to edit that because the more I looked at it the more it matches with them

Thats the way it is for me too. But as soon as I almost have myself convinced I find a different picture online that makes me feel the other way lol.

Thats the way it is for me too. But as soon as I almost have myself convinced I find a different picture online that makes me feel the other way lol.

That's exactly what's happening to me! I have a book somewhere that said how to tell them apart but I've been looking for it forever and haven't had any luck finding it. I'm going to put my money on emerald but maybe once they mature or settle in more we'll be able to tell with a little more security.

I know that the two of them look alike but those sort of look like my emeralds

Yeah after looking in two of my books on fish and looking at the ones in my tank I think they re emerald Corrys

Emerald cories, not real cories, trust me, they grow huge! I had two in my 55 gallon and try got to be like the size of my pinkie!

Back
Top Bottom