help with my plecs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a bnp & bulldog plec in my 55. The past few days my bulldog has been attacking my female bristle, he's been jumping on her back & face causing damage to her eye & scratches. The only other tank I have is 16 gallons I,ve had him for over a year he's 2inches & the bristle is 5! Any ideas what I can do, don't like seeing her getting attacked had her since she was a baby. Any help please :(

Plecos can become aggressive towards each other I am having this issue right now also. Some do OK living together others do not. I would move the smaller one into your 16 for now and then decide if you want to upgrade your second tank to something bigger or rehome one of them

Wiggles24 said:
Plecos can become aggressive towards each other I am having this issue right now also. Some do OK living together others do not. I would move the smaller one into your 16 for now and then decide if you want to upgrade your second tank to something bigger or rehome one of them

Thanks, can't believe something so small can bully her! I,ll move him for the moment to give her some peace. Cheers

You'll have to separate them, if there is territorial disputes occuring it won't stop until your female bristlenose has likely died of stress.

I'm having that concern with a male and a female bristlenose in my 150G :O

Back
Top Bottom