Help with stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielleosaur

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all!

I've got a question about stands. I have a 55 gallon tank on a solid flat bottomed stand that I just filled with water last night. I checked if was level beforehand, but I guess I measured wrong because now the water line isn't straight. There about a quarter of an inch differences between the front of the tank and the back. Is this going to be too big of a problem? I'm worried because i have no idea how to shim the tank. I also would worry that shimming it would make the weight distributing worse since my stand is flat bottomed. Would I be better off just leaving it alone? Thanks for the help.

I believe placing shims below the front "feet" would be the way to level this tank (or the other way around...depending on which side is higher).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi. If the water line is out of sight, covered by the top frame then I wouldn't worry. If it shows I would use shims to raise the lowest level.
Shims can be home made and can be the whole length of the tank to give a good appearance if they are visible.
None of my tanks are perfectly level but I can't see the water level so I've left well alone.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would drain the tank prior to shimming. Shimming the stand with a full tank could result in twisting the frame, causing the glass or the seals to break.

Back
Top Bottom