Help with stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've been going back and forth between getting large fish or a lot of smaller fish, and I think I've decided I want to go with the smaller shoals just to add more action, color, and increase the chances of a peaceful tank.

Currently I have:
One 4-5" Senegal bichir who seems pretty oblivious to any other fish
One half-dollar sized severum
And five boesemani rainbows who are all being treated for parasites that they were sent to me with.

It's 150 gallon running an FX5.

I'm having trouble finding fish that will be okay with the bichir in the long run. What are some fish you'd stock with? Ideally I'd like to keep them under the 7-8" range when fully grown.

Edit: Once the rainbows are done with treatment I'm going to be adding anywhere from 3-5 more of them given I can find somewhere to buy them.
Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Didn't you have 11 rainbows before?

Silver dollars
Maybe Congo tetras
Another type of rainbow
Maybe large rosy barbs
Spanner barbs
Clown loaches

That's all I got

Didn't you have 11 rainbows before?

Silver dollars
Maybe Congo tetras
Another type of rainbow
Maybe large rosy barbs
Spanner barbs
Clown loaches

That's all I got

Yes. :( since getting them five have died not including the one dead in the bag when it arrived. I called the company and they said they've had multiple people calling with the same issue and believe it was a parasite infection. They offered to refund all of them. Hopefully the API General cure I'm using currently works. They all seem fine.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom