Help with Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soccerjohn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About 2 days ago I did a 25% water change in my 5 gal tank. Today I came home and found the surface of the water covered in bubbles. What can I do to take them away and keep them away. I have never seen this before. Thanks for all the help.

are they the tiny bubbles or like the bubbles in soap that are decent sized and pop eventually?

Often these bubbles are related to the dechlorinator - does the product you use have "aloe" or some other "slime coat protector" type ingredient? Those are often the culprit. It will dissipate over the next day or so.

yea it looks like soap bubbles. It has already started to dissipate. Hopefully it will be gone in the next day. Thanks. I was a little worried at first.

double check me here,, but aren't bubbles a indicator of the hardness of the water?i had the same thing and after a few changes they went away and if i recall correctly i was medicating for velvet

Well a little update here. It seems that the bubbles haven't gone away. It seems that they are there every morning when I get up. I clean them out with a net and then go to work. When I get homw they are back again so I clean them aout again. I still don't know what it causing this. I do use well water at my house. Should I use the soft water with the dechlorinator or can I continue to us the well water with the dechlorinator. My fish seem to fine in there so I'm not worried, I just want to get these bubbles to stop.

Back
Top Bottom