Help with Tiger Barbs and Giant Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samnevs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just put 5 Giant Danios into my 55 gal. tank that already had 9 Tiger Barbs in it. The Tiger Barbs are more aggressive towards the Danios than I thought they would be. Can they be in a tank together? Would adding more Tiger Barbs to the tank make it so they're less aggressive?

Tiger barbs are known to be very nippy. Adding more may curb the aggressiveness, but before giving you the green light to do so can you tell us what else you have in the tank? Overstocking would cause more harm than re-homing something that doesn't fit well in the mix.

Adding more tigers could work both ways, more could increase aggression and give the group more confidence and could make it worse.

Yeah tiger barbs are gambles. Some, like mine, are perfectly fine in a community setting and Coexists with anything, and others will kill or pester anything they can. I would try addin more however. I love those little suckers but some can be a pain.

Thanks! I noticed the aggression slowing down as they are getting used to the Danios in the tank. But I will add more because I think they're cool fish!

Back
Top Bottom