Help.. Zebra vs dwarf frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgeezer1986

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help. My dwarf frog just tried to eat one of my zebra fish. I got it off of him , but he is not doing well.. should i try to get him out and see if he can survive, or do i just get it over with with him.. And also , will that stupid frog try to get other one? I want to get rid of him!!!!!!!!!!

Edit.. Right now i have the fish net at the top with the zebra in it protecting him and so i can get it out without any worry.. he is kinda swimming but keeps going belly up.. that stupid frog just grab him by the back end.. he tried and tried to get away and couldnt.. and i could not get to it fast enough to help.... He is still alive and protected though , just not doing well... I am gently moving the net back and forth trying to get water across his gills but im thinking his air bladder ruptured.. i think he is a goner... RIP ZIPPY.. and back to the pet store with that frog i think

I had to dispatch my little buddy my self... It was obvious he was not going to survive. I figured the most humane and fastest way was to ice him. So zippy is now gone. Although he was the runt and hid all the time , his death was kinda my mistake. First off , i put them plants in the water, and he came out of his upper spot to hide in the plant. He swam around in the plant happy as could be, picking food from it , but he got a little to close to the bottom of the tank. Then that frog just SNAPPED and next thing i see is the frog swimming across the bottom of the tank with it in its mouth trying to escape.. by the time i could get it out of his mouth , the damage was done. Zippy could no longer stay upright ,and his body was mangled. I put him in a ziplock with a couple extra drops of stresscoat just incase, but his movements started getting slower and further and fewer in between, he was not going to survive.

SO my question is now, Will that frog start picking on my other fish or try to eat them too? He is an African Dwarf frog, and i noticed that he was not aggressive to any other fish before this. Anyone able to help me here?

sorry to hear about zippy, and so goes the learning curve, and yes your cute little will eat your other ones to if their around the same size, once they get a taste of real susi LOL! one thing that might help is feeding live tubifex worms the love them. good luck

fishman

Back
Top Bottom