He's hot for Guppy. She wants a vacation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

infiniteblue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male guppy is in love with one of our female guppies, and for a month now has been trying to show her how he feels. In one month we're up to 10 healthy guppy babies and she looks like she's about ready to give birth to octuplets. Other than separating these 2 is there is a way to slow down their love making?

No, that is what guppys do. If you make no attempt to save the fry, the other fish should keep the population in check.

LOL, so, your male goes after one in specific? How do you tell your females apart?

Oh that's soo cute! Is it one in particular that the male goes after (although it seems that way if it's the same guppy that was pregnant more than once)! :love: Too cute! Your guppies must be really happy in your tank, nice job! (y)

Rich311k, I kinda wish the others would keep the guppy pop in check, but I don't think Zebra Danios and Cloudfish are going to do much.

Rosenweiss, the 2 females look very distinct from one another.
libraygirl, they seem very happy, especially all the babies. They are growing vey fast, and they all look like their mama.

I think you should buy one more female. The recommended ratio for guppies to prevent the females from being harassed is 1:3. =]

Back
Top Bottom