Hey guys, its me again..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, so I rearranged my tank with my water change today, and I don't love it, but I have ideas. On the left side adding 2 tall plants and taking out the driftwood I think will round it off pretty nicely. I want to change my airstone from a circle to a rectangle because the circle takes up alot of room. I'm planning on this weekend finishing everything with the tank, then Mabye on Sunday begin taking fish back. I have to bring back -(5 gold barbs, 5 lampeye tetras, 2 zebra danios, and 6 neons) ill be left with 4 Cory's and 7 rumynose tetras. If it is t too much bioload swap bringing all those fish back and adding fish on the same day, I'd get 7 neon dwarf rainbows. After that next weekend it get the pearl gouramis, then in 2 weekends get the rams( I think I'm gonna pick out a really nice pair of rams and stick with them.) then ill be pretty satasfied with my tank I hope. I would really like to add a bnp also.. Is that possible?

Attachments

• image-775248548.jpg
    image-775248548.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 77
I really just don't love the tank.. The new setup I like better, and I have more room to work with, and I can already imagine how it will look with the new fish.

Yeah an angel in a 37 will definitely work, mine is full grown in a 29 and is fine.

image-2185243939.jpg

There's my awesome guy!

Scalare get larger than leopoldi (and are much easier to find), but will still work in a 37 gal.

Would this be do-able?
- 2 rams
-7 rummynose tetras
- 7 Julii Cory catfish
-7 neon dwarf rainbow fish (Preacox)
-1 blue zebra anglefish
-2 nerite snails
- some ghost shrimp

I need some brown algea clean up on my leaves and such, and the nerites would help. I think ghost shrimp would be nice but would they survive? Lastly, I actually kinda like my gold barbs that I have now. Could you suggust a stock with them in?

On another note, I took out a pice of dw and added a cichlid stone. I want to add a tall plant on the left inbetween the stones and a mother small one by the dw.

Attachments

• image-4223285422.jpg
    image-4223285422.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 43
That list should work, but with those 7 praecox rainbows you will be pretty much maxed out IMO. The gold barbs will need a new home if you plan to stock that list. :)

Ok. I can deal with that I guess! Are the rainbows pretty active? Because I have red eye tetras and they hide all the time, never really ever swim unlike my rummy nose. And I have 4 Cory's ATM but adding a few more will be fine?

Praecox are very active, yes. That is why I recommended them for a 3' tank on the first page, but said that you could get by with them in a 30" tank. They really will utilize all horizontal swimming space.

Wow I've been really busy with school and have had no time for fish or anything lately! I have not yet purchased any new fish, but today I went to my lfs. I talked with my favorite employe for a while and went over my choices and stock, and we both thought that this would be nice

10 rummynose tetras
10 Von rio flame tetras
6 Julii Cory catfish
2 German blue rams
2 flame honey gouramis

I would really like that stock because it would be unique, colorful, and very active.
On Wednesday I plan on bringing back 5 gold barbs, 5 lamp we tetras, and 5 neons which would leave me with just 7 rummynose and 4 Julii Cory's. when I bring them I plan on getting 2 honey gouramis, 3 rummynose, and 2 Julii Cory's. then the following week get the Von rio tetras and then the next week the gbrs. I have a couple questions though- if I add theese extra rummynose and Cory's to finish the existing schools, will they be picked on or will they just join in with the group? And then what snails can I add? I currently have a zebra nerite and a tracked nerite, and I really like both of the , what other snails can I add?

I think something that could make a massive difference to your tank is a new light. It maybe just the pictures but the light seems to be concentrated centrally. A more even light coverage will make a big difference.....

Personally, I prefer having more of less species. I would go heavy on the rummy nose, 4-6 total cories, and your pair of GBRs. I think something that would spice your tank up nicely is a tall and branchy piece of driftwood that would be a huge center piece for the tank, mainly because your aquarium has a lot height. And low light plants can look great and need hardly any maintenance to grow them.

I would love a piece of that kind of driftwood, but i can't seem to find a good piece for a decent price, any idea were to find that?

I love the rummy nose so maybe ill do something more like

12 rummy nose
8 Von rio flame
2 gbr
2 honey gouramis
6 Corys

Yes a big beautiful piece of driftwood purchased from a store would most likely be expensive. I've gone both ways. I've purchased that perfect piece of driftwood I found at the local pet store, and I've searched around a local lake where many pieces of wood had washed up and collected and sorted through that. The stuff I found at the lake, I could tell had once been submerged. When I put them in my aquarium it took about a month for it to sink.

You could also google search driftwood for sale and you'll see a few good sites...if you were into the online purchasing thing.

Back
Top Bottom