Hey guys, its me again..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've had my 37 gallon for almost a year. And I honestly haven't loved it. My stock is juli Cory's, gold barbs, neons, rumynose, and gbr. The only fish I really love are the rumys and the rams. I really haven't been caring about them since the tank doesn't give me much enjoyment, but I really wanna fix it up. The setup I have ATM I also am not find if. I really want some bigger fish and a better new set up. Please give alot of opinions. I'm open to many new things

Attachments

• image-362907437.jpg
    image-362907437.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 159
There's a limit to what "big fish" can go into a tank that is 30" long. If you want bigger fish, you may want to look into a bigger tank.

A single angelfish or pearl gourami might work with what you have going on there.

Something like this is what I was hoping for

1 angle
2 gbr
7 rummynose
4 Julii Cory's
6 rainbowfish

What type of rainbow fish aren't terribly expensive but still 3 iches long?

The MAX size I would go on rainbows for your tank would be the Praecox rainbow. I'd rather see them in a 3 foot tank due to their activity level, but a 37 gallon could work. They look kind of dull in the pet store, but they are beautiful blue and red once you get them settled down.

I don't really like those rainbows. Any other 3 inch or so schoolers that would look really cool?

Now Thani got a better look, I really like those.

Could
7 neon dwarf rainbows
7 rummynose
4 juli Cory's
2 gbr
1 angelfish or pearl gourami

Work, and would there be room?

Ok everything's ok but the angel. No angels. They get big, like very big, like I've seen dinner plate size. They need extremely tall tanks and pretty well planted ones too. Although they school when young, if there's a breeding pair and other fish in the tank they become very very aggressive, but not if kept alone. Do not get the angel fish. The pearl gourami will work but I recommend getting one male and two females so his colors and fins will become amazing. I have a pearl (long story about what happened to the other) and even though he's alone he's definitely a very very beautiful fish.. You could also also do some Agassiz and some cockatoo cichlids if you've got the experience and money. Agassiz and cockatoo cichlids are not cheap.

Wait, all the dwarf cichlids in the same tank? Or just choose a pair? I think I'd like that stock with the pearl gourami I. It

You'd have to choose one pair and yes they will be fine with the pearls. My favorites are the double red Agassiz, but you may like the flare of the cockatoos.

I disagree. A single angel will be totally fine in a 37 gallon, even at adult size.

Don't add more than one pair of dwarf cichlids IMO.

Pearl gourami are great fish, but given the stock level that the OP wants to add, I would stick to a single specimen there as well.

IMO, choose between one angelfish and one pearl gourami. You're going to have plenty of fish in there once you give your rainbows time to get some size on them. If anything, I would bump up the numbers of the corys by a few.

Last edited:
Adult angel fish get much too big for a 37. The fish store I go to got 3, 9 inch tall and 6 inch wide angels.

I've kept many adult scalare. A single adult angel is fine in a 37 gallon tank. Altum, no. Scalare, yes. I've been seeing this repeated all over the site lately... it's like the tang police, only for freshwater.

Thanks, I really appreciate the replys. I really like year stock that I have planned, and will plan on that-
1 pearl gourami
2 gbr, or agazzi
7 rummynose tetras
7 neon dwarf rainbow fish
4 Julii Cory's
I will also be adding 2 nerite snails to help out

That's a very good stocking idea. You could still do a pair of pearl gouramis, not just one.

I would like tht alot. As for my layout. Any re araging suggistions? I really want a new look

Lots more plants, some driftwood and more rock work. Also natural caves look good too

I re arranged the tank with what I have and alrrady like alot better. I'll add a few more plants to make it look full, and then see how that looks. Can you explain how I would go about swapping out te majority of my stock? I've neer returned fish before so I don't know what the process is

Get a bag, net the fish (CAREFULLY), take to near fish store that you know accepts fish. They will likely not pay you but they'll take them off your hands. Always check and make sure they do before you take them to them though.

Alright thanks, I can call them tommorrow. I looked into alot of dwarf cichlids and I really like the apistogramma hongsloi, borellii, and agazii. Are any those under 30 bucks per pair?

Back
Top Bottom