Hey wondering what kinda fish to put in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadelynn94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey wondering what kinda fresh water fish to put in my tank. .....

Good lord, thats a bit of a size difference. In a 30g you could put quite a bit.

Some recommendations of different fish you could add:
Lyretail Killifish
5ish harlequin rasboras
Bristlenose pleco
Rummynose Tetras
Guppies
Mollies
Platys
Cory Cats

All are good fish and stocking them would really depend on what other fish you have.

As for the 500g... a blue whale maybe? :D

Omg lol hahah i was thinking about maybe salt water for the bigger one as i could putt so cool things like crabs and stuff. ...….……;…. But the 30 what kinda live plants are good ?

Easy to keep

Java fern(low light)

Anubias, any kind. (Low to medium light)

Java moss (low light)

Requires some work

Amazon sword (high light, recommended root tabs)

African water fern (medium light needs current)

Dwarf hair grass (high light fertilizers)

Water sprite (medium light fertilizers)

Omg lol hahah i was thinking about maybe salt water for the bigger one as i could putt so cool things like crabs and stuff. ...….……;…. But the 30 what kinda live plants are good ?

500 gallons will be alot to manage especially if you don't know what you are doing .

But my favorite fish are danios zebra danios ,longfin zebra danios, golden zebra danios, leopord danios . They are very active fish I have ADHD so they kind of embody me:) also I like my dwarf gourami alot more chill and so is my twin bar platy. And ghost shrimp are cool.

The salt costs on a 500g saltwater tank alone would be insane :eek:

You can do just about any kind of plant in a 30g, It's 100% dependent on what light source you have.

For example, on a standard 29g a dual t5ho light fixture should put you solidly at medium light level at your substrate. You could probably handle growing some high light plants as well with that fixture

Red cherry shrimp are really cute

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/inv/redcherry.php

Red_Cherry_Shrimp_1.jpg

And sparkling gourami's are less color full but still look awesome

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/gourami/sparkling.php

pygmy-gourami-lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom