Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmz23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.

First of all thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

I've recently got a lot pleco of a friend and we are unsure of what type it is. I have searched online at different types but still not sure. Please take a look at my pics of him/her as I would love to know.

Any help appropriated
Thanks
Emmz23

P.s I'm not sure how to put the on here sorry

Help please

Hi fellow AA members,

I've recently been given this pleco by a friend and we both ain't sure what type he/she may be, so please could you help me identify it

Attachments

• IMG_00000460.jpg
    IMG_00000460.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_00000461.jpg
    IMG_00000461.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_00000462.jpg
    IMG_00000462.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 37
this is OPs pics, so people can see them easier.

77482-albums12554-picture57415.jpg

77482-albums12554-picture57416.jpg

you can put pictures in your posts by going to the album where you can view your picture. copy the "BB Code" line in its entire length, and paste it in the post.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it alot.

Just one other thing, how do you find the sex out on the plecs?

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it alot.

Just one other thing, how do you find the sex out on the plecs?

I don't think it's a common- it's too pretty. I'm inclined to think that it's a gibbiceps- they get to 1 1/2 ft and are not as docile as commons. They can get very territorial with any other plecos around their own size or larger. They can be trained to take food from your hand- don't ask me how- I don't have the time or patience! Erm... To train mine, that is.
You can't sex them. But there's no need since you can only keep one in an aquarium.
I've got two, but they are in different aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom