Hiding Bubble Stones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone give me advice on how to hide air stones and tubes from my fiddler crabs? I'm afraid the'll clime the tube and get injured

are you keeping them in brackish water? also, they need to come up to the surface for air. So if you have a way for them to come up to the surface, they probably won't climb the air line.

Yes I know, I used sand and made a kind of beach. They are kept in Brackish water. I just need to know how to hide the air tubes

Yes I know, I used sand and made a kind of beach. They are kept in Brackish water. I just need to know how to hide the air tubes

Plants? Driftwood? A big hunk o' rock?

I have some really tall plastic plants in front of my airline tubing and you can't even really see it.

Hmm, you can find something slick to cover the airstone/line. A piece of acrylic maybe? Do you have the air-stones in the corners?

NinjaFish said:
I just need to know how to hide the air tubes

It won't hide them from the crabs, and will probably make them easier to climb, but I got a length of thin green airline that has a fake plant molded around it
It runs down one of the back corners of my tank next to the filter return
I had to put a short section of silicone tubing on it to connect it to the foam air "stone" which is really a CO2 stone
The stone is mostly buried in the substrate and screened by plants
The CO2 bubbles rise up into the filter return and get blown around the tank
And the fake plant really doesn't look too bad even though all the rest of the plants are real and none are the same species
I picked the airline up at my local Petland Discounts

Back
Top Bottom