high water temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
being a smaller tank it'll heat up quick, i qould recomend seeing what the tolerance of the fish u have is. from my experiance 84 is a little high jc

Mine has been getting as high as 86. I have been concerned about it and we installed some cooling fans in the hood today to bring the temp down a bit. The only fish who seem bothered by it are my upside-down catfish, whose behavior is a little erratic when it gets that high.

If you could install a little fan in the hood somehow to bring it down a bit, I think 82 would be okay. If its a normal tank, you could probably get away with one of those clip on fans from Target (my neighbors do that). Just run it until it drops to 82.

I have an Eclipse hood so unfortunately, we had to find a way to mount them to the hood.

My 10gallon gets pretty warm, since I live in a brick building on the top floor, and it's summertime...

if I'm worried about it, I'll do a small water change, and put in cool water. I'd guess that might bother some fish though....(I don't think anything apparently bothers my goldfish, except when I walk by the tank without feeding them)

I have a 25 gallon freshwater that fluctuates from 80 when the light is on to 78 when its not. Do you think I should worry at all?

Welcome to summer. My tanks heat up during this time of year but so do the lakes and streams.

I leave the lids open and during really hot spells, I have a fan blowing over top of the tanks.

Seems to work for me.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom