Hikari Bio-Pure FD foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tostada

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a can of the Bio-Pure FD Blood Worms, and my fish really like them. My rasboras are pretty normal and will eat flake food with no problem, but it seems like my gourami and swords are the ones that really go for the flake, and the rasboras just get what floats down to them. When I feed them the blood worms, though, the rasboras go nuts, and I'll see them darting in front of the bigger fish and grabbing several at a time. I mean, they're pretty tiny fish and it's funny to see them going crazy with one or two huge worms sticking out of their mouths.

I'm really happy about the Blood Worms, and I was wondering if any of the other Hikari FD foods would be good for me:

http://www.hikari.info/tropical/index.html#c6

They have:
Tubifex Worms
Blood Worms
Daphnia
Krill
Brine Shrimp
Ocean Plankton

The Tubifex Worms, Brine Shrimp and Ocean Plankton are all in little cubes. That doesn't seem like it would work as well as the way the Blood Worms are totally separated and I can just sprinkle them in there. I'm sure the FD Brine Shrimp wouldn't be as good as the frozen cubes I use. I can just let a frozen cube thaw out in a glass of water from the tank, and they look all nice and feathery and I can just pour them in fully separated.

I was thinking the FD Krill might be a good idea, since I've heard people talk about how much that brings out the color in their fish. It's supposed to be for big fish, but everybody in the tank would probably pick at it a little. My fish are already pretty bright ... I was amazed how red my rasboras turned after I got them home, but my gourami does have some cool spots that don't stand out that well.

The Tubefex Worms might be a good thing for my rasboras, since they're nice and small.

I have a 30 hex with 1 gold gourami, 1 betta, 4 swords (1 male), 7 rasboras, 5 panda corys, 4 ottos, 4 ghost shrimp and MTS. I've been feeding them:

Su: peas
Mo: regular flake + FD blood worms
Tu: regular flake + ColorBits
We: frozen brine shrimp cube
Th: regular flake + FD blood worms
Fr: regular flake + ColorBits
Sa: nothing

I also stick a Hikari Sinking Wafer in there for the corys about every other day, but they don't pay much attention to it and the swords and gourami usually eat most of it then the rest gets carried off by a shrimp.

My concern is that I'll give my fish too much protein if I try to add krill or tubifex worms into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom