Hillstream loach(I think)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have experience with them or information other then what I can read? Like first hand dealings with them...

Thanks,

Dino

EDIT: it is a Hill stream loach

http://youtu.be/Gk5wqb8uaU0

Never saw or heard if these before.

Last edited:
This was my FAVORITE fish in my tank before it crashed! He was so amazing. I've read multiple places that they prefer cooler water and a nice current. I kept my tank at 82 and use a canister filter with the stream against the glass for him. I never saw him in the stream..... Ever! He was very busy and would glide all over my tank. Sometimes I would find him under decorations. If I could find one locally again, I would def get.

This was my FAVORITE fish in my tank before it crashed! He was so amazing. I've read multiple places that they prefer cooler water and a nice current. I kept my tank at 82 and use a canister filter with the stream against the glass for him. I never saw him in the stream..... Ever! He was very busy and would glide all over my tank. Sometimes I would find him under decorations. If I could find one locally again, I would def get.

That's the thing! My local has them!! And now I'm like what the!!! I started a planted tank BUT have no plants or fish yet lol. And when I saw these creatures lol I was like I WANT!!

Maybe I need another tank just for them!! :)

This fish was really cool. Friendly with others. Sometimes I think it would play hide and seek with me! You should get some. They are beautiful top and bottom!

Attachments

• image-469789706.jpg
    image-469789706.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 88
  • image-4123892024.jpg
    image-4123892024.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2811492563.jpg
    image-2811492563.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 75
This fish was really cool. Friendly with others. Sometimes I think it would play hide and seek with me! You should get some. They are beautiful top and bottom!

Oh wow!! I have no room :(

Looks like I'd need like a 40 gallon for a happy home for a bunch :)

Don't think I can incorporate them into my planted build. Although I didn't get stock yet.

They look like little stingrays that stick to the glass my LFS has them fairly often I wouldn't might getting one but might have to get rid of my black shark first

I've had one in my 30 for a long time. He's with a dojo loach, chocolate beta, 5 platy's and 1 molly and he's pretty freaking cool! First of all, they require highly oxygenated water, a cool water temperature, and a strong current to simulate a river. I just placed a really big bubbler in my tank and for about the first week he wouldn't leave it's pressure. After that he would roam around basically everywhere. They really prefer a sandy bottom so they can bury themselves but my rocky bottom he doesn't seem to have a problem with. He eats algae off the glass and can be supplemented with algae wafers. After a bit of feeding him algae wafers, he learned to smell and fly to the wafer and watching him eat the wafer is super cool. I also like the way you can see their heart beat (I'm fairly certain) when they are up against the glass. Their underside is see thru.

Only problem with this guy is that when feeding he would fight off the other loach and pretty violently too.

Other than that great fish, grab one!

Back
Top Bottom