Hitchhiker question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmeredith56880

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I bought a BN Pleco a few days ago and decided to get him some driftwood. I was at petco looking at the diff DW they had and I ended up buying two separate pieces. One had anubias growing on it, and honestly the only reason I bougt it weas because it had these little black snails on it (not pond snails). Now what I'm trying to figure out is exactly what these snails are. I love snails and have self infected all my tanks with MTS and my main tank with pond snails. The snails that came on the anubias look like MTS but they are black and silver and their bodies are yellow. The snails are very active day and night. So here are pictures :
IMG_0208.jpgIMG_0209.jpgIMG_0212.jpgIMG_0210.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics, my only camera is my Iphone. I put him on a paper plate to try to contrast his colors but it didn't work so well. Anyone have any ideas on what these are? Thanks!

Looks like MTS to me

All of my other MTS have yellow shells though. Are these black and silver ones just color variations? If they are then thats awesome!

Edit: Also my MTS bodies are a brown color whereas this snails body color is more of a yellow color

Look like rabbit snails to me.
Edit- Just read that their bodies are yellow. Rabbit snails for sure.

Look like rabbit snails to me.
Edit- Just read that their bodies are yellow. Rabbit snails for sure.

Thank you! I just realized they were selling rabbit snails in the same tank but I didn't think they would let snails that they were selling for almost 2 bucks hitchhike away for free (I assumed they didn't actually have the snails as I didn't know what they looked like). The girl at the petco was someone I had never seen before, maybe she didn't know. So i got about 3 or 4 of them so thats 8bucks in saving :cool:

Your right on Scottyhorse... those are little rabbit snails. If it's in a planted tank they can sometimes bother plants.

Back
Top Bottom