Hitchhiker snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supra

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just found two in my tank. Should I get rid of them as soon as possible?
Supra

Sometimes they're a good thing if you have some hungry fish :)
Also, in case you don't have a test kit, snails are a good indicator of water quality, if they die, something's off.

However they're a nusiance. Stick a piece of lettuce under a cup or something, and after a night or so the snails will be on there and you can take them out.

my ramshorns dont die but they dont breed so idk whats wrong and im trying to make them over populate i dont even see eggs. if you have a puffer id keep them i enjoy watching anything in the aquarium its really up to you some people hate them and others dont mind.

I don't mind a couple, but I don't want them to get out of control. I would love to have loaches, but my tank is too small.
Supra

I just found two in my tank. Should I get rid of them as soon as possible?
Supra

If you can see 2, you probably have 22. Best to get rid of them, although they really only become a problem if you tend to overfeed. You can definitely get a single or pair of assassin snails which will eat the pest snails and also consume leftover food but not take over your tank.

Back
Top Bottom