Hmmm Coolie Loach (Kuhli) or Dwarf Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cee219

Aquarium Advice Regular
MY LFS just got in some Coolie loaches, something special they're ordering in. I'm in the mood for something new, and was wanting to know if anyone had any experience with them and would like to recommend anything about them.

I just don't know where to put them. I have an understocked 55 gallon with lots of platys, harlequins rasboras, danios and neons (those kind of fish). Would the loach eat my neons when it got bigger?
And a densely planted 20 gallon with 3-5 Tiger Barbs with lots of hiding spaces.

Anyone have an opinion on the dwarf loach for the same question?

The khuli loach wouldn't eat the neons.

I haven't owned any, but I'm pretty sure they like a lot of hiding spaces. They would probably be better off in the 20 gallon planted tank.

Oh duh, disregard what I said.

All I saw was 20 gallon and "densely planted" - I overlooked the tiger barbs. haha

They love to hide and are mostly nocturnal. Sand is a preferred substrate. They don't get all that big - as a friend of mine has 3 in a 5gal tank that are about 2.5 inches. I never see my kuhli's - but my 120g has just about infinite places for them to hide.

they are just like little worms.
Very peaceful, but likes to hide.

They like to be in groups. So buy a few loaches.

They don't get big - they get to about 3 inches long.

just get a couple of them and provide hiding places for them. they wont eat the neon tetras and if youre worried about the barbs attacking then you could buy a few more barbs so they can focus on them instead. and if this advice was already posted then im sorry to the people who i might have copied, lol.

Thanks for the advice! I think I may try them in the 55 gallon, if not I have a 10 gallon with sand that's cycling :)

Back
Top Bottom