HOB filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluegillfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought one of the 25G aqueon kits a couple weeks ago and it comes with a Aqueon 20/30 filter that flows 200 GPH but I dont really like the water flow in my tank with this filter and was wanting to go one size bigger and was wanting some input on what a good brand would be.

Once I get a new filter for this 25G im going to move this filter to my 10G to replace my POS walmart filter.

Aquaclear is the most popular brand. I would get an AC50 for that tank. Another good filter is the Marineland penguin 350.

I like that penguin 350 sounds like it may be what I am looking for unless I can get a AC50 on sale lol.

Aquaclears are great. I like them better than marineland. You will have more flexible options with aquaclear as far as media is concerned. And its a good idea to overfilter and double up if you can. I run 2 filters on both my tanks.

I just got an AC70 for my 20 gallon tank. For the price difference between 50 & 70 I decided to go bigger. The flow is adjustable if its too strong for your tank.

Went to petsmart they were sold out of both the marineland and the aqua clear so I came home and ordered a aqua clear from amazon and a angel sponge active filter to help my cycle.

Back
Top Bottom