HOB Filter for 75g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any options for this large a tank?

What kind of fish are you getting? Do they mind current? If I were you I would get 2 Marineland Penguin Power Filter 350s. That would give you a little over 9x per hour tank circulation which is very good filtration. Your only problem, again, would be current-sensitive fish such as bettas.

I'm looking at cories, maybe a birchir, definitely not a betta. I hate bettas. Lol oops :) and I will not tolerate still water fish 0.0

That's why AC's are so highly recommended not only for the large bio media options but you can controll the flow.

Also depending on the type of bichir, those Cory's might end up as food. But that's another topic.

Aski247 said:
That's why AC's are so highly recommended not only for the large bio media options but you can controll the flow.

Also depending on the type of bichir, those Cory's might end up as food. But that's another topic.

Well no I wouldn't have them combined those were just fish I was looking at :)

HOB Filters

Hello Tank...

Just get a couple of Hagen AquaClear HOBs with a combined gph (gallon per hour) rating about 6 times the volume of your tank. In your case, you need a turnover of 450 gallons of tank water every hour. Two AC 70s is plenty. That will give you a gph of 600. Just position them at opposites ends of the tank. Pretty simple.

Or you can get some Chinese Evergreen plants that thrive emersed in the tank water. They'll remove the pollutants in the tank during the day and you can use a single AC 70 to do the job at night when the plants rest.

Attached is a pic of a 45 G with the set up described above. You could do the same with your 75 G, you'd just need more plants.

Just a thought.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello Tank...

Just get a couple of Hagen AquaClear HOBs with a combined gph (gallon per hour) rating about 6 times the volume of your tank. In your case, you need a turnover of 450 gallons of tank water every hour. Two AC 70s is plenty. That will give you a gph of 600. Just position them at opposites ends of the tank. Pretty simple.

Or you can get some Chinese Evergreen plants that thrive emersed in the tank water. They'll remove the pollutants in the tank during the day and you can use a single AC 70 to do the job at night when the plants rest.

Attached is a pic of a 45 G with the set up described above. You could do the same with your 75 G, you'd just need more plants.

Just a thought.

B

Wow! That's an interesting idea :) thank you!

There's a good chance that you can buy a cheap canister filter, such as a sunsun or aquatop, for what it will cost you to buy multiple HOBs.

Back
Top Bottom