Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

HOB to canister

I installed a canister Sunday night. How long should I wait to take my HOB off. I am thinking a week or so but wanted your input.

thanks
Mike

Old 10-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

why not run them both? i would think a week would be enough, id go 2 weeks to be safe, but id keep them both if possible...i like having a backup filter in the event one goes bad, and in case i need to set up a qt or start a new tank...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the reply. I have been wanting to get away from the HOB's for a while now. I have been running 2 HOB and they have both been going down hill. Did not want to wait till one or both died. Right now I have 3 filters running in the tank. Talk about over kill. If all 3 where running at 100% I would have around 800gph flow. But the 2 HOB are in bad shape.

thanks Mike

Tags
canister, hob

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com