Holy Insane Prices Pet Depot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just went to Pet Depot to check out their fish since it was delivery day. They want $1.79 for a ghost shrimp and $9.79 for a glofish. I pay $.33 for ghost shrimp at petrsmart and $5.99 for glofish. I asked them if they would match prices and brought petsmarts website up on my phone. The manager told me that they werent allowed to match pricing. Its no wonder all thier fish die in the store because no one wants to buy them at such ridiculous prices. </rant>

EDIT: Forgot... $8.99 for an albino cory...

ccross said:
Just went to Pet Depot to check out their fish since it was delivery day. They want $1.79 for a ghost shrimp and $9.79 for a glofish. I pay $.33 for ghost shrimp at petrsmart and $5.99 for glofish. I asked them if they would match prices and brought petsmarts website up on my phone. The manager told me that they werent allowed to match pricing. Its no wonder all thier fish die in the store because no one wants to buy them at such ridiculous prices. </rant>

EDIT: Forgot... $8.99 for an albino cory...

Wow.....That is over priced, but it depends on where they got them, I guess. They won't be making any money that way lol.

Wow.....That is over priced, but it depends on where they got them, I guess. They won't be making any money that way lol.

They want $.99 each for feeder fish.

ccross said:
They want $.99 each for feeder fish.

I wonder, is it a new store? They could be just testing the water with the insane pricing. Like scouting other stores for prices. I know our Walmart did that for about 2 months....

I wonder, is it a new store? They could be just testing the water with the insane pricing. Like scouting other stores for prices. I know our Walmart did that for about 2 months....

They have been in business here for about a year. Walmart is thier only local competition.

ccross said:
They have been in business here for about a year. Walmart is thier only local competition.

That's most likely why they are so expensive. Not too much competition, so they can price as high as they want. Easier to go to a bigger city that has multi pet stores if you can. I have a petco, petsmart, and other mom and pop shops and prices stay lower.

Back
Top Bottom