Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
mus
Aquarium Advice Regular

home made aquarium remedies

Hi ppl,

I am new to aquariums but am an aquarium addict at the moment and im trying to gain as much info as i can from various sources.

What home made remedies are the to use for anything to do with fish, i.e instead of using water conditioner you can try a or b, or for a certain type of illness you can try a or b.

I buy alot of products for my fish i.e testers, meds, conditioner etc and unfortunetly I
My lfs is not a walkable distant, i am using several stored and dont alwYs have time to and it would be nice to just make my own recepie to use until i do go etc, also for knowlege wise i am very intrested even if i dont accualy use them.

If there are any thst you know a quick recipe would be grea thanks.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #2

For ich you can use rock salt instead of meds, and to get rid of pond snails, you stick lettuce in the tank, and the snails will be munching on it, then you just toss the snails and the lettuce into the trash. Great for quarantining plants.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Depending on what you are trying to treat will depend on the treatment. Velvet, ick, fungus, or parasites. One of the all around products is garlic guard, it might be worth investigating.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Shelled, blanched, cooled peas work for digestion issues, like if poop isn't normal or your fish is constipated. Things like bloating, no appetite, swimming upright, funny poop.

Tags
die

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com