home made aquarium remedies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi ppl,

I am new to aquariums but am an aquarium addict at the moment and im trying to gain as much info as i can from various sources.

What home made remedies are the to use for anything to do with fish, i.e instead of using water conditioner you can try a or b, or for a certain type of illness you can try a or b.

I buy alot of products for my fish i.e testers, meds, conditioner etc and unfortunetly I
My lfs is not a walkable distant, i am using several stored and dont alwYs have time to and it would be nice to just make my own recepie to use until i do go etc, also for knowlege wise i am very intrested even if i dont accualy use them.

If there are any thst you know a quick recipe would be grea thanks.

For ich you can use rock salt instead of meds, and to get rid of pond snails, you stick lettuce in the tank, and the snails will be munching on it, then you just toss the snails and the lettuce into the trash. Great for quarantining plants.

Depending on what you are trying to treat will depend on the treatment. Velvet, ick, fungus, or parasites. One of the all around products is garlic guard, it might be worth investigating.

Shelled, blanched, cooled peas work for digestion issues, like if poop isn't normal or your fish is constipated. Things like bloating, no appetite, swimming upright, funny poop.

Back
Top Bottom