Home made food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robotcholi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has any of you made your own food for your fishes yet? I'm thinking why not make our own food and save a couple of bucks and the food might be more healthy and nutritious for the fishes too. What do you guys think?

I tried making a version of this back when I had goldfish... (with more plant matter - a special recipe for goldies I found on a goldie site). But they didn't like my cooking! 8O I was heartbroken and went back to feeding them pellets. *sob, sniffle* Maybe I'll try this new recipe with the tiger barbs...

I'd love to try this; I have a hard enough time cooking for people tho LOL much less the fish.

Btw Tiger, I keep meaning to tell you I find your signature hilarious! Where did that come from?

Alli - I must say that phrase 10 times a day. I have a very rude Italian boyfriend who thinks it is funny to gross me out in any way he can... his latest is to chug half a can of diet coke and then try to burp the paint off the walls! 8O

Whenever I want to shock him or get his attention, I learn how to say what I want in Italian (my Italian is very limited, but I know enough grammar to figure things out with the help of my trusty dictionary). It usually gets his attention because he's not expecting to hear it. Although now, I think this phrase has lost its magic. I just heard more burping from upstairs... :roll: He's 34! Do they ever grow up? :?

Bwaahahaha no. My hubby, who just turned 32, can burp Supercalifragilistick expealidocious. And is quite proud of that feat LOL Men and body gases...oi.

I think he's taught the fish to burp n fart as well. Yes, while I've caught the gouramis burping out air and expect it (that labrynthian organ), I'e also caught my angelfish farting LOL Either that, or I really need to make my own food cause the store bought stuff is giving em gas ;)

hey hey hey you two, stop turning my post into the most perverted topic ever. :twisted: Keep it rated G here; we are having kids lurking around this forum yah know. Hahhahaha...nah i was joking. Those were some funny stuffs. I love reading them, gave me a chuckle or two LOL.

You know what tiger? Today i tried to feed my fancy goldies cooked rice. They loved it. As you know rice has a lot of carbohydrate which is perfect for goldies. So you don't have to be a good cooker. I can't cook human food but i think i can cook up some fish food. Now i want to take the next step and make something delicious. Maybe adding some crushed dry shrimp to the rice, then peas, and so on LOL.

Hey thanks for the links. I'll be checking them out and learn some recipes. Hope my fishes will appreciate my cooking attempt. :twisted:

oh talk about giving them gas, give them beans!!!!! hahahaha
Hmm...maybe i can add some beans too to my recipe and watch them fart like mad. hahahaha :twisted:
this is a great way to save some $ on mechanical aerator to make bubbles LOL

Back
Top Bottom