Honey Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 Bolivian Rams, 3 Corys, and unfortunatly only one Honey Gourami.

I say only one because today I found the other one dead. I have had it only 5 days. It wasnt a total suprise because for the 2 maybe 3 days previous I noticed that its waste was redish. What caused the redness?
Possibly a spike in amonia due to the increase of waste from adding 2 Gouramis?

Other then that it had a good apitite and it was very active, on the last day it did seem to be a little spastic.

Another thing is that I did a 40% water change just the day before it died, I used water conditioner and added some stress zyme to boost the biological filter because those Gouramis are dirty little buggers

Also, moving on is the other Honey Gourami in danger of facing the same demise?

The reddish waste could be because of the food you give them... mine does that sometimes depending on the food. And you say you only had him 5 days, but already did a water change. so probably with the stress of a new aquarium, new environement, plus new water to get used to, well he was maybe just TOO stressed out and gave out. :S And it doesn't meen that you're other one will die. Unless it looked weak, or sick....
if you say gouramis are dirty, stay away from goldfish. lol!
good luck

awww, poor baby! (honeys are my favourite)

is the food you're giving red? or multi-coloured? i was very alarmed the first time i saw my guppy with a string of red hanging out her backside, but then i realized that some of the flakes are reddish. next feeding i watched her, and sure enough, she only went after the red ones.

picky little bugger.

Back
Top Bottom