Hormonal Balloon Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A few weeks back I bought some balloon mollies. One of the females has recently started to become very aggressive with all the other mollies and guppies in the tank (both males and females).

Would this be because she could be pregnant? - We're pretty sure she is pregnant but its hard to tell with the balloon variety. Heres a pic of her:

normal_DSCF0108.JPG

Also, I'm quite new to having mollies/guppies and I was wondering, how can you tell when they are in labour? - I've read that they go off they're food.

mc

With most livebearers, before they drop their fry they will eat a lot and will normaly go hide in a corner somewhere.

Do you have any salt in the tank with them? I personally feel that mollies should be in a true brackish environment. They can acclimate to a FW setup, but will end up having lots of problems, such as fin rot, shimmying and other problems.

What is your setup? What other fish do you have in the tank? How long has it been up and running? What are your water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom