How can i transform my tank to cichild tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have right now in the tank 5 mollies and 3 balloon mollies and 2 guppies and 3 angels and 2 gouramis would they be good with that temp i have? my temp is 29c 84f and it's now stable :) would they be fine? the stock i have right now?

I have right now in the tank 5 mollies and 3 balloon mollies and 2 guppies and 3 angels and 2 gouramis would they be good with that temp i have? my temp is 29c 84f and it's now stable :) would they be fine? the stock i have right now?

Honestly I will start with the mollies. I'm pretty sure as far as temp goes the prefer like 78f also they are big waste producers. An the balloon Molly are just a deformation bred out in them to suffer from this deformation and have a shorter life span. I just stay away from any balloon fish.

What's your guppy m:f ratio? If its one male and one female the male may harass your female to death. Also they need lower temps

The angels and gourami I don't think I would do together I can just see some aggression issues later on between the species. But not 100% on that one.

Research fish that can live in higher temps and take your fish back that can't and just use your angels as a center piece.
Just my opinion though

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The fish I listed in a previous post are found in Ilanos which are high temp, sometimes almost 90f and they make good tankmates for angels

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What fish did you list? can you please name the list again? i lost 1 yellow molly today also :( :(

The fish that will do well in higher temps with angels are, cardinal tetras, rummynose tetras, xray tetras, blue rams and dicrossus filamentosa.
I believe there is also corydoras species that inhabit ilanos but I would have to check again.

Basically the things I listed before to lol cardinals and rummynose will do fine I keep them in my discus tank at 87f as well as my Bristlenose pleco (bnp), l202pleco and Sturbai Cories. The only reason why I have the bnp and Cories with the temp is because I use temp to cure my ich and they were just fine doing qt.

Also my tank is at 87f my fish temp is apparently 86f and the objects are 85f. Not that it matters just cool to know.

What fish did you list? can you please name the list again? i lost 1 yellow molly today also :( :(

It's ok i couldnt find the list either The first post was asking how your tanks gets so hot the second was telling me They weren't freaking out. The third was about your angels killing them off forth was parrot fish don't go in community and the 5th was about a previous post with a fish list.

I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything I just didn't want the op to feel bad.

Op Google is your best friend right now. Just google tropical aquariums fish that live in high temps or something like that.

It's ok i couldnt find the list either The first post was asking how your tanks gets so hot the second was telling me They weren't freaking out. The third was about your angels killing them off forth was parrot fish don't go in community and the 5th was about a previous post with a fish list.

I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything I just didn't want the op to feel bad.

Op Google is your best friend right now. Just google tropical aquariums fish that live in high temps or something like that.

Hmm my connection must have freaked out on me when I posted it

I agree I was looking at a list of species that come from the Llanos area in Columbia and Venezuela. Those waters regularly hit up to 90f.

Hmm my connection must have freaked out on me when I posted it

I like triple checked. Lol I wanted to see if we had similar species in mind and i thought maybe my ipod my being dumb lol. It keeps saying one person replied to a thread like 4 times for one post. Maybe I should uninstall and install again lol.

I agree I was looking at a list of species that come from the Llanos area in Columbia and Venezuela. Those waters regularly hit up to 90f.

Also a lot of them are wild caught so its not like they will be accustomed to lower temps from breeding and such.

Back
Top Bottom