How can you wait??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
With my 55 gallon all set up, it has some plants and two asian sun cats that the tank was ment for. I also moved my female bettas in there because the two small ones were getting big and the little 5 gallon they were in was getting a bit cramped. Anyway, everyone looks happy, swimming around very nicely. The tank has been up for a few days now and I'm not seeing the normal cloudyness that new tanks seem to get. (could there be something wrong? or is this a good sign??)

Anyhow... I can hardly contain myself from buying fish for this tank. Eventually it will house 2 Angels, some Rams, and other fish I haven't decided on... How are you guys so good about not getting fish??? I keep thinking, they need a cycled tank, blah blah blah, then my mind says "but I'll clean it as much as necessary and they'll be just fine." So far, I am just not allowing myself anywhere near the LFS...or even Walmart...

*big sigh* arg!!!

I'm not seeing the normal cloudyness that new tanks seem to get. (could there be something wrong? or is this a good sign??)
It's a big tank, I would not be worried about it.

The tank is fully cycled?!? Not yet?!?
I never worry about a new tank--MTS has it's advantages.

I have three... technically I could find something little for my 5 gallon, but I think my roommate may want it so the ADFs are heading to the 10 gallon soon and that tank will be her's.

did that, dumped some rocks in the basket of the filter, also I figured the plants will help keep nitrates (or was it 'ites??) down, and I threw in an old biowheel... so how long am I looking to wait?? hehe... very impatient, I know...

I've used Seachem Stability on both of my 10 gallons and have had no problems with tossing fish in the second day the tank was established. I haven't tried putting fish in directly after using Stability, but may have to test that out some time. :)

Just add Bio-Spira & then you can fully stock your tank. It is the ONLY product made with the same live bacteria that is in a cycled tank.

If curiosity killed the cat then impatience killed the fish. If you take your time you'll feel better when it's done. :D

I like the species of fish you've decided on. One tip would be to add the rams before the angels. It's always better to let the more timid fish get established before the more aggressive ones.

thanks for the tip BrianNY... I was going to get the angels first, and then the rams because I always heard that rams were ubber sensative to water conditions, but maybe I'll just stock up on tons of plants for now. That will keep me occupied for now :roll: and then get my fish a little later, with Rams first :D

yeah, focus on getting all plants in there that you plan on getting. Let them get established, then stock the non-aggressive species. Sounds like a pretty good plan!

my problem is that I don't realy trust the additives on the market today. I just use dechlorinator and now some liquid plant fertilizer, but nothing else. I used cycle when I started my first 10 gal, never had a problem, never lost a fish, but I also did weekly water changes and I had some hardy little danios (still do) and I started a 5 gallon without ever using the stuff and it was perfect as well (with two ADFs and a betta). So I think I'd rather save my money for plants and fish than additives.

B-S is not an additive, it is a bottle of the same live bacteria that is produced by cycling your tank. Cycle contains dead bacteria & is a waste of $$$.

Well, on the bottle of Cycle, is claims to have LIVE bacteria just as your B-S does. Soooo... I think it is everyone's own personal choice.

Not to get off the subject, but where do you get the Bio-Spiria? Also, will it hurt if you add it to the tank that is having problems cycling? I can't seem to get my Nitrites down even with the PWC's. I already have fish in my tank because I got anxious. I thought it was cycled and the minute I slowly added fish is when all hell broke loose. I'm currently dealing with fin rot and now ich. I posted under unhealthy fish.

I'm trying to wait!! It is hard... thankfully tonight I am stuck at the radio station covering for a friend who was supposed to host the Women's Basketball game... not fun stuff, but it'll keep me away from any fish stores. :roll: Two hours of button pushing...oh the joy...

I have used B-s to fix a crashed tank 3x. I had ammonia & nitItes off the chart & they returned to 0 within 24 hours. The claims that Cycle makes is a lie.

Back
Top Bottom