How could I replace this space with a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good one Vanimal. And after she gets and names her fish you can tell her that she better keep up with the water changes or the fish may die.
Bad...
Bad........
& bad

greenwater said:
Good one Vanimal. And after she gets and names her fish you can tell her that she better keep up with the water changes or the fish may die.
Bad...
Bad........
& bad

Wtf? What's wrong with that? How is it Bad...
Bad......
& bad

vanimal said:
Wtf? What's wrong with that? How is it Bad...
Bad......
& bad

Trying to con his sister into doing all the work on the tank to keep "her" fish alive would be bad.

Alyxx said:
Trying to con his sister into doing all the work on the tank to keep "her" fish alive would be bad.

I never suggested that. I said just let her pick out and name a fish.

Tetra1990 said:
Well, on the bright side, your parents are with you and not against you getting a bigger tank. Bottom line, your sisters stuff has to go.

Yes you are right and they are even willing to pay for it! They just said I have to manag my school work as good as my fish work if you know what I mean... :p

Alyxx said:
Oh, if only my mother had let me get a tank that big when I was your age... Oh wait, that would have backfired terribly seeing as I moved out to go to a boarding school when I was 15. And then a massive hurricane destroyed our house... Still, I would have loved one then as much as I would now if space / flooring strength / the landlord's approval allowed.

I say get your sister's stuff where it belongs, in her room. If your parents are ok with it, that's all that really matters. Maybe help her find a way to reorganize some of her stuff so it fits in her room. If you're feeling particularly evil maybe threaten that if it's in your room, it's yours and you can throw it out if you want to, hehe. Just kidding, that would probably make your parents reconsider letting you get the bigger tank. The bed shouldn't be too hard to move, but just make sure you have enough room to access the tank and do all of the necessary maintenance on it. I've had a tank next to my bed before, and it could be difficult at times having all the room I needed to do water changes and get to stuff in the tank stand. I would try to have at least three feet of clearance in front of the tank.

I'm sorry about your house. Thank you for your advice

what you could do wehn your sister is not around and looking is:
get the tank,
get everything to set up the tank,
rearrange your room for the tank,
get the tank set up and going,
move your sisters stuff into her room. :hide:

with the tank in place and set up she has no where but her room for her stuff.

greenwater said:
I don't think you got it. I was joking around with the "water change" bit.
Hey.....I think you have a good plan
Do it!

Oops lol

Bobjoefredsky said:
I'm sorry about your house. Thank you for your advice

Thanks. We made it through ok, and the house looks much better after our rebuilding and redecorating than it did before. Even convinced my mom to paint the walls a deep red!
I think it's great that your parents are rewarding/motivating you doing well in school with a bigger tank. My mom's complaint all through my years in college was that I was going to spend more time on my tanks than I did on school. But after I graduated with honors, she was happy to accept she was wrong and brought me to pick up my new 56 gallon tank. Which was good, because that thing wouldn't have fit in my little car if I tried... Btw, keep that in mind when you go to get this tank. Be sure to bring a large enough vehicle to bring it home in!

Alyxx said:
Thanks. We made it through ok, and the house looks much better after our rebuilding and redecorating than it did before. Even convinced my mom to paint the walls a deep red!
I think it's great that your parents are rewarding/motivating you doing well in school with a bigger tank. My mom's complaint all through my years in college was that I was going to spend more time on my tanks than I did on school. But after I graduated with honors, she was happy to accept she was wrong and brought me to pick up my new 56 gallon tank. Which was good, because that thing wouldn't have fit in my little car if I tried... Btw, keep that in mind when you go to get this tank. Be sure to bring a large enough vehicle to bring it home in!

Yeah my 150 with stand is 6 feet long so we had to take all the seats out of our mini van for it to fit.

Bad news guys. My mom is starting to join my sister now. Apparently their excuse is that my room is so big and since I didn't use a lot of the space there wasn't any reason NOT to put their stuff in my room. My sister even said they were MY GAMES (which is not true, and which I tried to get rid of multiple times)

So anyway I don't know how this is going to turn out but my dad is still on my side and he wins for these physical things

Bobjoefredsky said:
Bad news guys. My mom is starting to join my sister now. Apparently their excuse is that my room is so big and since I didn't use a lot of the space there wasn't any reason NOT to put their stuff in my room. My sister even said they were MY GAMES (which is not true, and which I tried to get rid of multiple times)

So anyway I don't know how this is going to turn out but my dad is still on my side and he wins for these physical things

Keep on trying! Anyways it's YOUR room that's your space not theirs. And tell your sis if their your games that your gonna go sell them right now! Good luck!

Well, is there anywhere else in your room you could put the games? Perhaps if you came up with an innovative storage solution you could make everyone happy.

vanimal said:
Hows it going??

Not the best. Mom is starting to hint that the games are special and that my room is the only place to put it. The thing is if we take the game board shelf down, we can get a 40, even a 50 gallon IN MY ROOM!

But if we don't, we can only fit something like a 20 :(

I really hope I win this one

What about your garages, attic or basement? (If you have any of those)

Back
Top Bottom