How did this worm get into my quarantine tank and how do I kill them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vladka

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 10 gallon quarantine/med tank and it’s been empty for about 1-2 months now. I will put a piece of fish food in there every week or two to keep it cycled, otherwise there’s a handful of rams horn snails chilling in there.

I was looking in it and saw a worm! How did this get in there?! It’s been empty for a while. I’ve seen this type of worm in my 90 gallon before as well..

Can anyone identify it? How can I kill them? I can do any sort of treatment to the 10 since it’s empty, am considering treating my 90 and 29 as precautions as well.IMG_6785.jpgIMG_6787.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought earthworms can’t survive under water? Are they bad for aquariums? They seem much thinner than a typical earthworm.

Earthworms survive pretty well when wet, even submerged. Not forever but for a long time.They come in all sizes. I don't know how this one got in your tank but they are harmless. I occasionally feed earthworms to my bigger fish. They love them.

Back
Top Bottom