How do i feed a betta in a community tank o.o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can a little tricky at first, but IME within the first couple days they get the hang of it. They're such smart fish. Get the bettas attention and try to encourage it to swim up to one corner, and drop the pellets, one at a time so no one else grabs them, right in that corner. Soon it will swim right up to that corner whenever you approach. :)

Oh wow that was a supurb anwser and very informational how did you get his attention to the said corner ?

siva said:
It can a little tricky at first, but IME within the first couple days they get the hang of it. They're such smart fish. Get the bettas attention and try to encourage it to swim up to one corner, and drop the pellets, one at a time so no one else grabs them, right in that corner. Soon it will swim right up to that corner whenever you approach. :)

I tried to do this with my female betta but it go to the stage she preferred whatever I fed the rest. So now she eats whatever everyone else gets.

Just interacting with my fingers on the glass moving up and up until he's where I want him. ;)

I tried to do this with my female betta but it go to the stage she preferred whatever I fed the rest. So now she eats whatever everyone else gets.
Most of my bettas in communities ignore flake, or barely nibble on it, which I prefer since it's not best for them. I do have one girl that's a piggy-pig-piggy and she goes crazy for the flake too, so I'm extra careful not to overfeed that tank so she doesn't get bloated. I would recommend feeding bettas a few pellet sized peices of blanched shelled pea once a week as a laxative, but especially those in communities, since they can easily become bloated from flake/overeating.

Allright ill try to do that little trick o.o

siva said:
Most of my bettas in communities ignore flake, or barely nibble on it, which I prefer since it's not best for them. I do have one girl that's a piggy-pig-piggy and she goes crazy for the flake too, so I'm extra careful not to overfeed that tank so she doesn't get bloated. I would recommend feeding bettas a few pellet sized peices of blanched shelled pea once a week as a laxative, but especially those in communities, since they can easily become bloated from flake/overeating.

Thanks they only get flakes twice a week. Peas once, bloodworms once, brine shrimp once and fasted twice. :)

Oh, well with one day on peas and two days fasting she definitely shouldn't get the bloat! :cool:

Siva check your messages and peas ......you feed fish peas o.o how ..... Im so new to this

K I did ;) I feed pretty much all of my fish peas, but I think it's especially important for those more prone to bloat and constipation, like bettas and gouramis, and veggie eaters like oto cats and plecos. I just use regular frozen peas, cover them with water in a thoroughly rinsed coffee mug, and cook them in the microwave for a minute or so, until they are tender but not mushy. Then just pop the pea out of it's shell, break it/mash it into little peices, and feed. :)

Heres the photos you requested

Attachments

• image-2233249186.jpg
    image-2233249186.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1839958402.jpg
    image-1839958402.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2106488147.jpg
    image-2106488147.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 82
Heres fish from my communitty tank ;)

Attachments

• image-139976106.jpg
    image-139976106.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1699915471.jpg
    image-1699915471.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image-688187694.jpg
    image-688187694.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2143760722.jpg
    image-2143760722.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 84
  • image-174223695.jpg
    image-174223695.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 72
siva said:
K I did ;) I feed pretty much all of my fish peas, but I think it's especially important for those more prone to bloat and constipation, like bettas and gouramis, and veggie eaters like oto cats and plecos. I just use regular frozen peas, cover them with water in a thoroughly rinsed coffee mug, and cook them in the microwave for a minute or so, until they are tender but not mushy. Then just pop the pea out of it's shell, break it/mash it into little peices, and feed. :)

I agree, it is pretty important to feed peas for fish that can get bloating easily. I don't do this, but I will...:)

Back
Top Bottom