How do i get my bristlenose pleco to eat cucumbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a bristlenose pleco for my 55 gallon tank 4 days ago and it has ate almost all my algae. But I was wondering how to get it to eat cucumbers and algae wafers.

Pop them to the bottom of this fish tank and then he will eat them at night time most probs.

Okay I have tried that for 2 days and the cucumber goes untouched but the algae wafers are gone but I also have a red tailed shark and yoyo loaches on the bottom would they eat the wafers.

Okay I have tried that for 2 days and the cucumber goes untouched but the algae wafers are gone but I also have a red tailed shark and yoyo loaches on the bottom would they eat the wafers.

Are you clipping the cucumber to the tank or weighing it to the bottom? If its just floating they wont eat it. I dont think they can get it when it floats.

I was sinking it on a fork but I'm thinking if getting a clip because the pleco spends almost all it's time on the tank walls or my driftwood piece do you know where to get a clip.

I was sinking it on a fork but I'm thinking if getting a clip because the pleco spends almost all it's time on the tank walls or my driftwood piece do you know where to get a clip.

I sink mine with a fork and my pleco's love it. Do you have driftwood in your tank? I just found out recently that BN pleco's need driftwood for thier diet. I havent had any wood in my tank for 6 months and now my BN will not eat anything...

Yah I have a medium sized piece and he doesn't go on it to much maybe for 20 minutes a day but he is eating it but do you know where to find the clip things at all.

Yah I have a medium sized piece and he doesn't go on it to much maybe for 20 minutes a day but he is eating it but do you know where to find the clip things at all.

I bought one that looks like nemo at petsmart :)

Okay will have to look at petsmart thanks though I guess he must be eating at least algae wafers because he looks fat and healthy

Back
Top Bottom