How do I move snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cabezon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have an easy method for moving snails from the breeding tank to the yoyo tank?

The snails are in at least their third breeding and some are getting full size. it looks like warcraft in the tank, its great fun to watch dozens of snails going up and down. Plus there are other tiny tiny creatures swimming in there too.

Shaw

I was hoping for something more strategic, like a pipette. This tank is full of hornroot and asian. I forsee the juicy ones falling off, leaving all the littler ones behind. the yoyo is feasting now on the snails I harvested from the filter of the 55 gal.

You can try the technique I use.

Tie some fishing line through a piece of zucchini/cucumber, put a plant weight on it, and start snail fishing. Everything from Apple Snails to the smallest of Ramshorns hold on to the food. Just pull it out, scrape the bad guys off, and go back fishing.

It isn't hard to get 100 of so snails (provided you can keep any plecos away) in a short amount of time.

Burks said:
You can try the technique I use.

Tie some fishing line through a piece of zucchini/cucumber, put a plant weight on it, and start snail fishing. Everything from Apple Snails to the smallest of Ramshorns hold on to the food. Just pull it out, scrape the bad guys off, and go back fishing.

It isn't hard to get 100 of so snails (provided you can keep any plecos away) in a short amount of time.

Not only would that work, but it sounds really fun.

Back
Top Bottom