how do you feed a blind fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blind Cichlid

Try earthworms.Preferably cut in half small garden worms,between the scent and the sonic signature of them wriggling even blind fish usually catch on.Just make sure any uneaten leftovers are removed so as not to foul the tank.

I personally don't like introducing non-quarantined food to my tanks. This is especially true of garden/lawn food as if any herbicide/pesticide was used you can transfer those chemicals to the tank. If you want to go this route I'd QT the food just like any fish in clean soil for a couple weeks.

I know a lot of people like to do this (I used to catch tiny crickets and feed them to my tiger barbs), but I've stopped feeding wild-caught food directly unless it's been in QT.

I've heard about people adding black worms - would those work too? Where would I find them?

I've heard about people adding black worms - would those work too? Where would I find them?

Do you mean live? They would probably also work but I would keep them contained in a small bowl as they (unlike most of the other live foods we've been talking about) not only survive but thrive in the tank.

As for where to get them biological supply companies carry them and you can probably find someone in a local aquatics group near you that could give a starter culture.

I ended up just buying a starter of vinegar eels so we'll see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom